chapel of St. John (church)

URI https://medievalmideast.org/place/17789

A church at the Jordan river near Jericho, dedicated to John the Baptist

Names

  • Latin: capella Sancti Iohannis 1
Show table of instances where this place is mentioned
Event DescriptionDate
Events mentioned by Burchard of Mount Sion 1 c.1280c.128414th C1864

Sources

  • 1capella Sancti Iohannis: Burchard of Mount Sion, Descriptio Terrae Sanctae, in J. C. M. Laurent, ed., Peregrinatores Medii Aevi Quatuor (Leipzig: C. P. Melzeri, 1864), VII 39. 41. [Latin].

How to Cite This Entry

Thomas A. Carlson and Margaret Gaida, “chapel of St. John” in Thomas A. Carlson, ed. Historical Index of the Medieval Middle East, last modified September 16, 2021, https://medievalmideast.org/place/17789.

Additional credit information:

  • Thomas A. Carlson: Data merging and XML; place categorization; abstract; and matching from Laurent's Peregrinatores medii aevi quattuor
  • Margaret Gaida: categorization from Laurent's Peregrinatores medii aevi quattuor
Show additional credits